A facility condition assessment, also known as a building condition assessment, is part of an effective facility management strategy. The assessment evaluates how your building systems are performing and provides a plan to renew, repair or replace equipment. This process ensures efficiency, reliability and safety of the facility and mitigates the risk of equipment failure.
As part of a facility condition assessment, Prism can help you develop a capital plan that prioritizes crucial areas to direct your limited resources to while considering levels of risk.
Our comprehensive assessments leverage the cross-collaboration between our in-house mechanical and electrical engineers and over 30 years of experience in the industry.
Our assessments include the following:
- An inventory of major mechanical and electrical equipment in the building
- A condition assessment of existing equipment including the remaining estimated life expectancy
- A long-term strategy for equipment renewal and/or replacement with the associated budget costs over the next 10 years
- Detailed replacement options which consider energy and cost savings as well as carbon emissions reduction
- Comprehensive upgrade opportunities that can help meet aggressive energy and carbon saving targets