- lower operating and production costs to improve their competitive position
- reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- increase operational efficiency and create a better work environment
Delivering Training That Informs, Instructs and Inspires
For more than two decades, Prism has been a key agent in the delivery of the Dollars to $ense workshops for NRCan. As well as delivering the training, Prism has played an important role in enhancing content and keeping the curriculum current. All told, Prism course instructors have taught over 5,000 attendees at over 300 full-day courses, leading to significant reductions in greenhouse gas emissions and energy costs. The Dollars to $ense training is comprised of numerous workshops including the following:
- Energy Management Plan: a non-technical session to help develop the necessary infrastructure and planning tools for effective energy management. The process of changing an organization’s energy management culture is explored.
- Spot the Energy Savings: a session that examines, through multimedia demonstrations and practical exercises, how to recognize energy savings opportunities using a seven-step methodology.
- Energy Monitoring: a workshop covering the various systems available to monitor and track energy use, methods of analysis, and ways to use the information gathered to ultimately reduce energy costs.
- Energy Efficiency Financing: instruction on presenting an effective business case to improve the chances of an energy project’s acceptance by senior management amidst stiff competition for capital expenditure dollars as well as performance contracting.
- Recommissioning for Buildings: introduction on building recommissioning and how it can provide cost-effective solutions to everyday problems in your buildings.
- Energy Management Information Systems: details the basic principles and show the benefits of EMIS, and demonstrates how to initiate the process of implementing an EMIS.
Training Tailored to the Specific Needs of Each Audience
Where more individualized training is called for, Prism develops, prepares and delivers customized workshops.